-- please click to enlarge --
FINCA LOS DOS ALGARROBOS
Welcome to our holiday home with private swimming pool, next to the white village of Cómpeta on the Costa del Sol, 10 miles from the sea and 50 car-mins from Malaga Airport.
• Originally, the house was a farmer's cortijito ("siësta house"). In recent years it was expanded to a complete house of approx. 130 sqm with a large open Andalusian-style kitchen, a dining room, a living room with wood stove, three bedrooms that sleep eight in total, and two bathrooms.
• The house faces south and has sea views. The garden occupies approx. 2,000 sqm and contains a 4 by 10 meter swimming pool, which can be closed off with a fence.
• An outdoor kitchen with barbecue is also present. Finally, there are several terraces. The house owes its name to the two - over 100 years old - carob trees (Algarrobos in Spanish, a protected meditteranean tree) in front of the house.
• It's situated at the edge of the Las Sierras de Tejeda, Almijara y Alhama nature reserve, in which you can walk endlessly. On the territory you will also find — apart from carob trees, olive trees, and agaves — pine trees, typical for the nature reserve. This causes a protected, but not remote, situation of the house, with lots of privacy and terraces both in the sun and in the shade.
• The house is decorated with atmosphere and style. It offers all the amenities that make your stay a pleasurable one. The kitchen is euipped with a four-burner stove, an oven, a microwave, a large refrigator, a dish washer, and a washing machine. Also present: a bread baking machine, an espresso machine, and a coffee maker.
• In the living room you'll find a TV with dvd/video player and an iPod stereo installation, so you can bring your music collection. Also, our library is at your disposal, containing literature, cookbooks, art and travel books about Andalusia, and movies in several languages.
• The wood stove dates back to the time the house was still a "siësta house". It's very effective, but additional a climate system is installed: it provides heating during the winter months and airconditioning for heat spells.
• There are three bedrooms. The largest is the master bedroom, with its double bed, large wardrobes, and en suite bathroom containing a bath with shower, toilet and bidet. It offers direct access to the swimming pool and the terrace.
• On the other side of the house are two more bedrooms: one containing another double bed and wardrobes, one containing two double bunks. In between these two bedrooms is the second bathroom with a shower and toilet. A children's cot and high chair is available. In total, the house sleeps a maximum of eight.
• The swimming pool is surrounded by a terracotta-tiled terrace and the outdoor barbecue area. More terraces are to be found outside the living room, the patio terrace, and under the carob trees. The best view is offered by the little terrace on top of the rocks behind the swimming pool. There's wooden garden furniture, among which six sunbeds.
• In front of the house you'll find sloping beds, with herbs and all kind of plants and trees.
• For our guests we have compiled the "Guest's Guide", containing many practical details about the house, a route description, and detailed information about Cómpeta and its surroundings, hiking trails in the nature reserve, villages to visit, the best restaurants and beaches, car trips, activities in and around Cómpeta, all other kinds of trips from Finca Los Algarrobos, and famous - and especialy somewhat less famous - attractions in the area.
• All in all: enough to plan your trips to Finca Los Algarrobos to your own wishes! You receive the Guest's Guide after your reservation.
• Cómpeta is a great starting point for many activities. The closest beach is sixteen kilometers (ten miles) away, fifteen minutes by car. All you have to do is drive down. The Malaga coastline is quite 'flat'; there are beautifully long beaches, always with the mountains as backdrop.
• Torre del Mar is a real Spanish resort town, with a beautiful sandy beach and the longest boulevard in Europe. East of Nerja the coast gets rougher and you'll find many small bays from here, some really quiet and hidden.
• Almost all beaches spot the typical chiringuitos: restaurants directly on the beach, where you can sit, relax, and eat. Most beaches offer sunbeds and parasols for rent. In the Guest's Guide we have described our most favourite bays and beaches, and of course the corresponding places to eat and drink.
• Many more information about the region is described on these pages:
Cómpeta and Andalusia Infos
you will receive detailed directions upon booking